funsec mailing list archives

Re: Does Verizon Wireless (or Windows Mobile) really know whattime it is?

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:05:44 -0400

On Mar 17, 2007, at 7:41 PM, Young, Keith wrote:

Standard cell phones from Verizon just sync the time from the closest CDMA cell base station (which is, in turn, syncing from GPS). It sounds like either your phone software needs to be updated or (unlikely) your local base station is not getting the GPS signal.

Either way, I would just visit your local Verizon Wireless store or call their tech support line.

There's a download from Microsoft to fix the Windows Mobile side of things:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services