funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Unbelievable: In the UK, 10, 000 passports were issued to fraudulent applicants in 12 months

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:26:00 -0800

Date sent:              Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:48:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:                   Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

Date sent:          Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:20:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:               Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Cornali Remo wrote:

An estimated 10,000 passports were issued to fraudulent applicants in 12
months, the Home Office has said.

I'm wondering how they know that.

Maybe it's a fraudulent news story ...

There were an estimated 10,000 fraudulent news stories in the last 12
months.

I think that, if you'll check, you'll find that an estimated 10,000 news stories were
issued to fradulent news agencies in 12 months.

Also, an estimated 10,000 messages were posted to fraudulent security mailing lists
in 12 months ...

Going back to your earlier question about how they knew, the story didn't say they
were *good* passports.  Maybe they knew all along ...

"No way we're letting you into the country with a passport from `Grate Brittin'
and signed by `The Quoon.'"

(Sorry, it's been a long day ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no
conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a shit whether
you live or die. There, you feel better now?         - Dennis Miller
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm