funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] New Canadian Bill to Expand Law Enforcement Wiretapping

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:08:05 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:58:17 -0500
From:                   "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>

Now I can't remember what party of England I was most closely aligned
- but I'm pretty sure it was the Liberals... Political parties don't
even translate between Canada and England?

Political parties don't even translate between Canada and Canada.  In most of
Canada, the Liberals are more, well, liberal.  In BC, the Liberal Party is a recent
amalgamation of a whole bunch of people who were too reactionary for the
various Rabid Right Wing Loony Parties ...

Then again, in BC, politics is not about government or management.  It's a
spectator sport.  In any group of political reporters playing "top this" about
political insanity, they always quit when the guy from BC enters the fray ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I heard you're ill/ And thought I'd send
A card that says,/ `Death's not the end'
But since you don't/ believe in God
I guess you're screwed/ You poor, dead sod.
  alt.peeves `Cards for the Seriously Ill' entry from Jan Bednarczuk
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm