funsec mailing list archives

Re: [mwp] Widespread vandalism of wikis by some type of bot (fwd)

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:31:21 -0800

Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:32:46 -0500
From: Reed Loden <reed () reedloden com>

I'm seeing _lots_ of wikis vandalized by bots today (Tuesday/Wednesday),
and I was wondering if anybody else had noticed this and/or had any more
information on what is happening.

As noted, this is an ongoing problem on Yahoo.  Here is the latest attempt to join
one of my lists:

The following person would like to join the cissp-them group:
Email address: alexis-sabry917 () ovatimeit info

Recently, almost all attempts to join or post have been coming from the .info
domain.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
         Open source software - no walls, fences, Windows, or Gates
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm