funsec mailing list archives

Re: Telnet: Dead at 35 - Happy Birthday and RIP

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:39:50 -0500

On 4/3/07, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
>>I guess you didn't read the article linked, and see that Poulsen
referred people to Microsoft's instruction on how to install it if they
want?

Actually no, I had better things to do and just drew reasonable
conclusions from the headline.

So the headline's just hyperbole (from Wired! Perish the thought).

Sorry I said anything at all.

Before you apologize - does your procedure ENABLE telnet or INSTALL
telnet? If it simply enables it then the article still appears to be
misleading.