funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:42:01 -0400

On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:24:17 CDT, Brian Loe said:

I'm not in favor of giving up my rights for ANY purpose, btw. I don't
have the right to live worry free.

(ANY is *your* caps, btw) - that covers "including the purpose of not extending
past somebody else's nose".  You have the right to use imprecise language that
doesn't say what you actually meant... :)

I'm so very sorry that you have such trouble with the English
language, but here again is what I said, as you quoted it:
Your rights end at the tip of my nose.

OK. Now tell me what you intend to do with the rights you refuse to give up
for "ANY purpose", when that purpose is "to avoid a new nose that wasn't there
last week"?