funsec mailing list archives

RE: What ever happened to the Code Red worm?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:36:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Larry Seltzer wrote:
I have to reject the "IIS 5.0 got phased out" argument, as I would
have seen a gradual decrease. I saw a sudden disappearance.

When did this happen? Perhaps Microsoft upped their requirement for
service pack support at some point in Win2K to one that dealt with it.
I'm sure there are very few public Win2K servers running less than SP4
now.

I don't have stats as I haven't been watching, but "sudden" could be
something on your end.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/