funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Beat: U.S. Government Trying to Seize New MichaelMoore Film

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:13:38 -0500

On 5/21/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

On 5/21/07, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
>  ok, I may not agree with anything that the cretin Michael Moore says,
does, or makes....  BUT, I'll whole heartily support his right to express
his opinions and to make any movie that he wishes to make.

>  So, with that said, why is the US gov wanting to seize his new movie?

I would avoid discussing the puke at all cost, but I'll just let you
know that the government is wondering how he ever made the movie since
he never had permission to go to Cuba in the first place. He made an
application to go, and on it he lied about being a full-time
journalist. That application was never acted on so he went anyway. To
be sure, they should have processed the application much more quickly
but he had to of known it was going to be turned down.

That said, I'm not sure how this law works anyway. I'm not aware of
flights from the US to Cuba. I know you can go to Canada and then to
Cuba, but if you're doing that, why would you need permission from the
U.S. government?

Moore is naturally spinning this to look like the administration is on
a witch hunt to get him. I hope they do get him but I have a hard time
believing Bush - or his evil minions - care that much about him to be
pulling strings at the justice department. If they are, well, nothing
new for a politician and he deserves much worse than he's likely to
get.

Probably some lobbyist in the insurance industry or medical industry got
wind of it and talked to someone sympathetic in the administration. Moore's
even hired David Boies to find out how the Treasury Department got wind of
it.