funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Google Wants Still More Personal Data on its Users - much good job, little robot!

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:28:28 -0700

On 5/22/07, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Google wants to maximize the personal information it is capable of
capturing – and storing indefinately - on its users. The company even
envisages a day when it can tell people what jobs to take and how they
might spend their days off.

Eric Schmidt, Google's chief executive, said gathering more personal data
is key for Google's expansion and believes it is the logical extension of
the company's stated mission to organise the world's information.

http://www.ftrain.com/robot_exclusion_protocol.html

"""
I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower to find another one
sitting near the drain. It was about 2 feet tall and made of metal,
with bright camera-lens eyes and a few dozen gripping arms. Worse than
the Jehovah's Witnesses.

"Hi! I'm from Google. I'm a Googlebot! I will not kill you."

"I know what you are."

"I'm indexing your apartment."

"I don't want you here. Who let you in?"

"I am Google! I find many good things. I find that pair of underwear
with the little dice printed all over them. And I watch the tape of
you with the life-sized Stallman puppet. These are good unique things.
Many keywords and links! My masters will say 'much good job, little
robot!' Many searchers will find happy links of Stallman puppet see
you! Ahhhh."

"I put the robot exclusion protocol on my door. Didn't you see it?"
"""