funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] privacy Digest, Vol 14, Issue 36

From: "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 12:20:54 -0500

 [------------------------------
[
[Message: 2
[Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:04:50 GMT
[From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
[Subject: [privacy] IHOP Upgrades Credit Card Security After Outside
[       Hack
[To: privacy () whitestar linuxbox org
[
[Via The State Journal-Register Online (props, Pogo Was Right).
[
[[snip]
[
[The owner of a Springfield [Illinois] restaurant said today hackers who
[broke into the restaurant's computer network and compromised debit-card
[information were from outside the business, and that security has been
[upgraded.
[
[Gene Rupnik, who owns the International House of Pancakes on Dirksen
[Parkway, confirmed the restaurant was the source of some of the debit-
[card
[alerts that have gone out from local banks in the past week.
[

THAT'S IT!!! You start messing with my pancakes you start messing with me!