funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quote of the Day: Bruce Schneier (Again)

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 06:34:55 +0000 (UTC)

:
: >how is that a good quote?
: >
: >all he does (lately) is state the blindingly obvious.
:
: If you think that it is blindly obvious -- good for you.
:
: I would argue that it is NOT blindly obvious to 99.9% of the consumer
: population (see all evidence on successes of phishing, et al.)
:
: You definitely underestimate the value of what you might think of as
: "common wisdom".

For argument's sake, would you say that 99.9% of the consumer population
reads his articles? =)

I'd hazard a guess that a significant amount of his readers are security
folks or IT folks that are a little more versed in security practices than
the consumer population.