funsec mailing list archives

Re: hehe...

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:53:16 +0300 (EEST)

Yes, for hunting of wild boar (Sus scrofa).

BTW: This research was covered in local news today:
Finnish Gun Ownership Third Highest
http://www.yle.fi/news/left/id68460.html

But it's not safe to give a gun to this lady:
Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

- Juha-Matti

Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 8/28/07, Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
> But this part was missed, pointing to a per-capita basis...
>
> "...Yemen had the second most heavily armed citizenry behind the United States,
> with 61 guns per 100 people, followed by Finland with 56, Switzerland with 46,
> Iraq with 39 and Serbia with 3."
>
> Without having the facts it appears that people here in Finland really like hunting.
> The 3rd place, huh!
>
> - Juha-Matti

Who knew, right? And, I've recently been told that Russians are able
to own shotguns for hunting, presumably. Still don't know about China,
but then so much of China is off the map...