funsec mailing list archives

Re: The worst security advice

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:08:45 -0400

On 9/9/07, Randy Abrams <abrams () eset com> wrote:
So I'm sitting in an airport lounge trying to connect to the wireless
provider. I won't mention Boingo's name though. After lots of problems I
call their tech support who tell me that....

Thats why you arent supposed to call tech support if you are computer
literate. At the very best, they are there to distract you with
useless stuff on your local box while the netadmin fixes the real
problem.

-JP