funsec mailing list archives

RE: China Says It Has Suffered 'Massive' Internet Spy Damage

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

Is China an adversary?  They hold something like a $1 trillion of U.S.
home mortgages.

I always we kind of spied on friends and foes alike.

Richard

Should we be hacking into the computer systems of our....adversaries?
Actually, I would think so.

And I would put out honeypots for my own adversaries to attack and hope
they think they were successful. This sounds like a job for the
Department of Electronic Disinformation.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.eweek.com/cheap_hack/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com