funsec mailing list archives

RE: security tool name?

From: "Daniel H. Renner" <dan () losangelescomputerhelp com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:59:34 -0700

funsec-request () linuxbox org wrote:
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:45:52 -0500
From: "Joel R. Helgeson" <joel () helgeson com>
Subject: RE: [funsec] security tool name?
To: "'Brian Loe'" <knobdy () gmail com>, <Blanchard_Michael () emc com>
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org

You can use sysinternals to do everything you're talking about though. Start
remote process' etc.
Try looking at the Metasploit framework, see if it rings a bell.

I have done 'remote admin' using sysinternals through a NetCat session. I
teach about that in my classes; having NC make an outbound connection to me
through port 80 and having NC launch a CMD window for me.

I can provide my class instructions offline if you're interested.

-joel

Being the utility junkie that I am, I would definitely be interested in your utility!

How about "DamnCoolTool"?  Or DCT for short?  :)

Sincerely,

Daniel H. Renner
President
Los Angeles Computerhelp