funsec mailing list archives

Re: Please no science on an Intel Mac

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:49:47 -0400 (EDT)

The same problem should exist on a regular PC running on a Core 2
processor with XP.  XP running natively on an Intel Mac really shouldn't
be any different than XP running on regular PC hardware.

But could there be a multi-threading bug that only shows up on a
multi-core system?  Hmm.  Can the second CPU be turned off in XP.

In my daughter's case, she got different answers on different runs with
the same input numbers.......   This was with the Rosetta emulator.

RIchard