funsec mailing list archives

Re: Is This Man Cheating on His Wife?

From: Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:42:07 -0500

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 15:35 -0400, rms () computerbytesman com wrote:
Alexandra Alter on the toll one man's virtual marriage is taking on
his real one and what researchers are discovering about the surprising
power of synthetic identity.

I find the whole second life phenomenon to be very, very interesting.
Could the suppressed demands for gambling, prostitution, even outward
appearance/gender be driving the growth?  (Sort of like the "free love"
60s, but without STDs.)  The economic issues presented in that "world"
are fascinating to follow as well.

I've never tried out SL for myself, as satellite Internet isn't really
great for that kind of thing.  I also have a pretty full first life to
deal with.  :)
--
- Andy

If you're not scared or angry at the thought of a human
brain being controlled remotely, then it could be this
prototype of mine is finally starting to work.
  - John Alejandro King