funsec mailing list archives

Somebody send Coppola an external hard drive for doing backups

From: <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:12:17 -0400

BestBuy has 250 GB portable hard drives now for only $150.  They are USB
powered and do not require an external AC adapter.

As an aside, I would like to carry a portable hard drive between my office
and home computers and be able to boot Windows XP on both computers from
this hard drive.  This way, I can carry my entire work environment (apps and
data) with me without lugging around a heavy laptop.

Richard

Coppola says robbery cost years of data

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070929/ap_en_mo/people_coppola_12

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Francis Ford Coppola says in an interview
broadcast Friday that he lost 15 years of computer data, including writings
and family photographs, when robbers raided his Argentine studio.

Speaking with Argentine broadcaster Todo Noticias, Coppola appealed to the
bandits to return the small computer backup device, which was taken along
with computers in the raid Wednesday night.

"They stole our computers; they got all our data, many years of work," said
Coppola, who apparently was not in the studio at the time of the robbery.