funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the Declarationof Independence ?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:20:24 -0500

On 7/8/07, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:

There being an open rebellion in Missouri at the time I'm sure elections
would have been difficult to organize. Just to fill everyone in,
Missouri didn't formally secede, but a group proclaimed secession and
the state government did not effectively control the state. I'm not sure
how the state government was organized, but I can imagine the feds
having a great deal of influence since the army was running things
there.

Yes, the elected government fled to Arkansas and then later to Texas.