funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. Given Information on EU Travelers' Sexual Orientation

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:49:35 +0100

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:06:30 +0100, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net>
wrote:
The agreement adds 19 possible new categories, including information on
ethnic origin, political and philosophical opinions, credit card numbers,
trade union membership, sex life and details of the passengers' health.

Ignoring the fact that I think that the EU is on crack for agreeing to
this (after all with the current economic situation, the US need EU
tourists more than the EU needs to allow people to travel to the US), how
will they get this information?

My passport will have no link to this data; and my credit cards are all
independant of any other data source. Unless they insist on nebulous
searches on my name - which is relatively common.

Confused?

dave