funsec mailing list archives

Re: Irony Alert: DHS to Move into Former Insane Asylum

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:41:49 -0500

On 7/4/07, Don Blumenthal <dmblumenthal () gmail com> wrote:
On 7/3/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

> We didn't. Who got the slap on the wrist for Iran/Contra exactly?

Iran/Contra wasn't, by far, the only problem in the Reagan years.

Lets say, for the sake of argument, we continued to do this all they
way back to Washington - what's the point?

My point would be that administrations have always done it, will
always do it and you're a hypocrite if the only time you complain
about it is when "your guy" isn't the one doing it - ignoring the fact
that "your guy" DID do it. Which is most often the case.

My personal opinion is that Libby should have been pardoned. He did
NOTHING but not remember a few details of his life from a year or so
ago. Gee, I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner last
night - do I deserve a 2 year prison sentence, 2 years of probation
and 250k fine?!

Previous administrations, from both parties (and since those two
parties are hardly distinguishable, its not much of a surprise), have
done worse. Clinton's probably being the worst in recent memory.
Further, unlike Reagan's issues (which I'm hard pressed to name
anything beyond Iran/Contra), Clinton's lies, cover-ups and denials
were ALL self-serving. Not a single scandal, that I can recall,
involved his administration doing something to the benefit of the
country or an ally or anyone/thing other than himself.

And, really, Hillary isn't a commodities trading expert. She may be
the next best opportunity to beat Bill's record number of scandals
involving selfish interests though.