funsec mailing list archives

"How to Manage Spam (The Sending Part), the sequel" (blog)

From: Paul Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 23:43:04 +0000

in <http://www.omat.nl/drupal/how-manage-spam-sending-part-sequel> we see:

        In my previous entry I linked to a blog which shows how to send emails
        through a botnet.

        Today I stumbled over a movie which shows how you can spam millions of
        forums from one interface. Again, I'm surprised at the professional
        interface and the power of the software used.

        Also surprisingly this software has support for captcha's. If you look
        closely in the log file shown in the movie you can see they can crack
        those as well.

        So you can remove the captcha's. Besides bad usability, they are
        useless.