funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cheney, in 1994, Warning That An Invasion of Iraq Would Lead to 'Quagmire'

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:03:02 -0500

On 8/14/07, rms () computerbytesman com <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:

I wonder who changed Cheney's mind between 1994 and 1998.

Richard

Maybe he did, maybe Bush did, maybe Saddam did. For that matter, maybe he
never changed his mind - but it wasn't his decision.

I think we should also keep in mind that a member of any administration is
likely to parrot what the President's wishes are. So if Bush 1 didn't want
to invade Iraq, his administration is going to say they don't and why. If
the next President does, those administration officials will say they do and
why.

A more interesting question to me is how did this video recently "surface"?