funsec mailing list archives

Re: Did Windows Update take out the Skype network?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:00:52 -0400

On 8/20/07, rms () computerbytesman com <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
This explaination does not compute.  The security updates that failed were
for Office and XP and had nothing to do with graphic drivers.  In another
forum, someone else said that error code 80246002 means that a patch files
is corrupted.  Why is the Windows Update Web site sending down so many bad
files?!?!?  The samething happened in 2006 on my system.

To find these problems, I had to manullay go through page after page of
security updates.  Something is wrong with this situation.

Computer bites man indeed :-)