funsec mailing list archives

Re: anyone checked out facebook's new terms of service?

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 00:58:29 +0200 (EET)

Yeah, 'log in required'. I was sure I wrote logging in or log in, sorry..

When checked again it's possible to access the same version of the ToS when logged in or not.
Sorry for the message written in a hurry.

- Juha-Matti

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu kirjoitti:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:23:00 +0200, Juha-Matti Laurio said:

> http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
> (logging required)

I'm presuming you meant 'log in required'?

If so, that's rather brain-dead if that's the only URL the ToS is at - how
is one supposed to know if they agree with the ToS if it isn't readable before
you log in (thereby effectively accepting the ToS you haven't been able to
read before login)?

(If in fact the ToS *is* available elsewhere, and/or you get a chance to read
it before you accept it when first joining, feel free to hit 'delete' now ;)