funsec mailing list archives

Re: Pistol Packin' Feds

From: "Don Blumenthal" <dmblumenthal () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:32:30 -0500

On Dec 5, 2007 2:36 PM, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On Dec 5, 2007 1:12 PM, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

Seems odd, but I'm not sure I understand the point. Who cares? Might
they be security guards at various office buildings? Would make
sense...

It would make sense to me if the Dept of Homeland Security had more
guns than the National Marine Fisheries Service :-)

National Marine Fisheries Service 141
Department of Homeland Security (IG) 132

Not to me. I'm not sure why the DHS would need ANY guns beyond their
security guards, in fact. They don't enforce any laws - they simply
play mother to the other cop agencies.

I guess that depends on how you define "they" and "other cop agencies"
The Secret Service, Immigration and Customs Enforcement,  Customs and
Border Protection, TSA, and Coast Guard all are part of DHS. Weapons
galore.

Don

--
Don M. Blumenthal