funsec mailing list archives

Re: Viralg P2P patent applications for sale on eBay

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 04:10:31 -0400

On 10/6/07, Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
"Viralg supplies technology aimed at preventing sharing of illegal content such as music, movies, GPS maps, games and
software from being shared over P2P networks such as Gnutella.
Viralg technology is in widespread use by record companies in Finland (90% of customers) and in the other
Scandinavian countries."

Bidding has ended for that item.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280155059101

Props to Finnish Tietoviikko magazine reporting this at the end of September.

I don't know the person behind the seller's profile and the company.

- Juha-Matt

Did Tietoviikko contact you about it because the sellers name is juha1234? :-)

I like the part where they name all the countries they have patent
applications in, namely:

New Zeeland                         546232

Hmm, for 1 Mil, you think they could afford a spell checker :-)

-JP