funsec mailing list archives

Re: The false positive in McAfee GroupShield

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

I assumed that McAfee didn't like my Python code. What's wrong with
Python? ;-)

Richard

Yeah, it was posted to the whole list pointing to this Firefox exploit:
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-3845

Let's hope McAfee guys are reading.

- Juha-Matti

rms () computerbytesman com wrote:
This warning is kind of funny.  I wonder what triggered the false
positive
in my original message.

Richard

McAfee GroupShield™ Alert

McAfee GroupShield discovered a problem with this email. If you do not
know the sender, it is probably a virus. If you do know the sender but
were not expecting an attachment from them or the subject or message
text "doesn't sound like something they would say," it is probably a
virus. Simply delete this message if you believe this message contains
virus. Do not be alarmed that you got a virus-laden message--some
people
are getting a dozen per day. Welcome to the club :-) Call the help
desk
at x5ITC if you need further information.

Date/Time sent: 09 Oct 2007 14:48:21