funsec mailing list archives

Life Lesson: DO NOT cuss at your toilet.

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:55:47 -0400

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18920981&BRD=2185&P
AG=461&dept_id=415898&rfi=6

West Side woman faces jail time for swearing at toilet
BY KIMM R. MONTONE
STAFF WRITER

10/16/2007
A West Scranton woman could face up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up
to $300 for allegedly shouting profanities at an overflowing toilet
while inside her Luzerne Street home.

Dawn Herb, whose potty mouth caught the attention of an off-duty police
officer, was charged with disorderly conduct recently, prompting her to
fire off a letter to the editor and vow to fight the charge.

"It doesn't make any sense. I was in my house. It's not like I was
outside or drunk," said Ms. Herb, who resides at 924 Luzerne St. along
with her four young children. "A cop can charge you with disorderly
conduct for disrespecting them?"

The obscenities hit the fan when she battled her overflowing toilet
around 8 p.m. Thursday, she said.

Although Ms. Herb doesn't recall exactly what she said, she admitted
that she was frustrated and let more than a few choice words fly.
Unfortunately, it was near an open bathroom window.

"The toilet was overflowing and leaking down into the kitchen and I was
yelling (for my daughter) to get the mop," she said. "A guy is yelling,
'Shut the f--- up,' and I yelled back, 'Mind your own business.' "