funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re: [privacy] Quote of the Night:

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:37:04 -0000

Remember this?

"We can categorically state that we have not released
man-eating badgers into the area," -- a British military
spokesman in Iraq.

I guess sharks are more effective at eating the evidence.

It's interesting that this idea of the West using the animal world as a tool
of oppression and espionage keeps coming up in that part of the world. I
know that there have been instances of animals used to deliver or detect
weaponry, of course. But does this obsession with killer badgers and
double-0 squirrels represent some form of demonization through association
with witchcraft, or reflect local interests? Killer scorpion herding,
perhaps.

--
David Harley
http://www.smallblue-greenworld.co.uk