funsec mailing list archives

RE: Some Ad Networks Are Bad News

From: "Adam Thomas" <adamt () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:04:31 -0500

FlashBlock plugin is nice!

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org]
On Behalf Of Gadi Evron
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:08 PM
To: Daniel H. Renner
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Some Ad Networks Are Bad News

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Daniel H. Renner wrote:
Or you could simply install Firefox/SeaMonkey/Flock/Mozilla and add-on

"Adblock Plus"...

And still be redirected by Flash.

---

Sincerely,

Daniel H. Renner
President
Los Angeles Computerhelp
A division of Computerhelp, Inc.
818-352-8700
http://losangelescomputerhelp.com

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:33:32 +0900
From: Peter Evans <peter () ixp jp>
To: funsec () linuxbox org

Larry Seltzer (Larry () larryseltzer com) wrote:
So we still don't really know how they're penetrating the ad
networks?

     Money. I bet blipvert companies don't vet the adverts, they just
     say "X by Y pixels, so many bytes or less"

     There used to be something called webwasher from seimens that
did
     a good job of removing blipverts.
     http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=22&lang=en
     I think thats it, but I can't find the thing, it was a simple
local
     proxy that ate blipvert requests.

     Or you could install firefox and deal with its awe inspiring
     flabby performance and droolies.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/3609/0/0/%2a/q;137016197;0-0;0;84

02494;3030-160/90;22613468/22631351/2;;~okv=;pos=top;zdid=a219243;zdty

pe=commentary;zdaudience=creativeprofessional;pagetype=article2;zdtopi

c1=securityopinions;tile=2;sz=160x90;~sscs=%3fhttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT
/go/zffdvity0180000043mrt/direct/01/

     ^^-- competing for the obfusculated URL of the week are we?

..