funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bomb parts passed US airport screenings: report

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:44:42 +0000 (GMT)

I've often wondered what "bomb-making materials" are.

 - a pound of nails?
 - a bag of sugar?
 - an alarm clock?

Unless they get a bit more specific about what they "smuggled" through,
I'm not getting excited.

 ** historical note **

At the time of the Great British Sugar Shortage in 1976, I brought ten
kilos of sugar from Germany in my baggage. Sugar, as you probably know, is
a useful ingredient in alcohol fermentation, as well as one of the
ingredients in a sugar-weedkiller explosive.