funsec mailing list archives

Re: Abusrdity Theater: White House Says It TossedComputerHard Drives

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 06:57:16 -0400

if you believe they did it without backing up the data on the drives,
then I have a nice bridge, in Brooklyn, to sell to you.

All of the data? As far as e-mail goes it appears they had a crappy plan
to back it up (burning PSTs to CD-ROM), but I'm sure all official data
was stored on servers. I wouldn't waste a backup on the remaining
garbage on a hard disk.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com