funsec mailing list archives

Mac OS file system "utter crap"?

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:09:46 -0500

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/utter-crap-torvalds-pans-apple/200
8/02/05/1202090393959.html

Apple's much-touted new operating system, OS X Leopard, is in some ways
worse than Windows Vista, says the founder of the Linux open source
project, Linus Torvalds.

Torvalds was in Melbourne last week for the linux.conf.au conference and
was invited to pass judgement on OS X versus Windows Vista in a
wide-ranging interview.

"I don't think they're equally flawed - I think Leopard is a much better
system," he said. "(But) OS X in some ways is actually worse than
Windows to program for. Their file system is complete and utter crap,
which is scary."