funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. Agents Seize Travelers' Devices

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:52:56 -0500

Heheh, I've done worse than that on principal alone ;-)

   but, of course, it would have to depend upon my mood at the time too....  But I surely wouldn't log in for them and
allow them to check anything.  I'll turn on the laptop, let them see the login prompt to verify it's a real laptop, and
that would be as far as they see, nothing more.

   What if I'm coming back from doing a security assesment for a company that we're going to purchase, and part of that
is checking out their web presence while I'm over there?  I'm bound by NDA not to disclose anything about that M&A, and
by the TSA folks even seeing that I went to their web site may be in violation of that NDA.  So I can potentially loose
my job, and wind up in court myself if I violate an NDA, just so TSA can see what web sites I've been going to?  I
don't think so....

  Yah, they'll have a fight on their hands....

  Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580