funsec mailing list archives

Re: E-mail gaffe leads to billion-dollar news leak

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:58:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 robert_mcmillan () idg com wrote:

Huh. Did the law firm forget to put that vital disclaimer "If this isn't
for you, then don't read it" tag at the end of each email in six

My thoughts exactly. This blog (written by a lawyer I know) says that they
probably aren't binding. No big surprise there, I guess.

"Probably"?

If you and I agree on an agreement, then it's a contract, and it's
binding.

If you tell me what I may and may not do, and I haven't agreed to it, then
you're blowing bytes.