funsec mailing list archives

Book. Cover,

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:30:01 -0800 (PST)

--- Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
(trimming the whingers at f-d off the cc: list)

God, not a moment too soon! :)

.d.
"Kevin is going half-time for the next 6 months so he can
work on his recent $600K NASA grant on rocket nozzle
design".

Unknown to me, Kevin has a PhD in aeronautics
engineering, and is, in fact, a rocket scientist.... ;)

Landscaping my way through school at my college in South
Carolina, it was a torrential day (like today) and the
grounds crew was cleaning tools in the barn.  Thrilled with
the tremendous value of my Extensive Travelling Experience
in the US and Canada, I was waxing Livinstonian with one of
the "younger" (I was 23, so ain't that flippin'
relative...) summer employees, who was suitably impressed.
Sammy Walker - a hulking Furman linebacker and as backwoods
local-looking guy as you can imagine - was typically
quietly going about his work.  With patriarchal goodwill I
reached out to lift him onto the lofty plateau of our
conversation: "Sammy?  You ever get a change to travel
much?"

Sammy Walker's father was an auditor with the USAF.  He
grew up all over the world. Playing with Prince Reinier's
kids and "Aunt Raisa" <Gorbachev>.

Sammy graduated with a 4.0 and an MBA from Furman (and was
on the AAA champion team <of 88-89?>).

I almost completed my dual Associates degrees at Greenville
Tech.

!~)

-chris