funsec mailing list archives

Re: Not Again: Friendly 'Worms' Could Spread Software Fixes

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:56:11 -0500

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:42:20 GMT, Paul Ferguson said:

Microsoft researchers are hoping to use "information epidemics" to
distribute software patches more efficiently.

Blarg. ;)

It would appear that bad ideas have a tendency to be recirculated
every few years... :-)

"I encourage my competitors to design their networks that way" -- Randy Bush.

I saw we *let* Microsoft deploy it, so they can join SCO on the trash heap
after they deploy. ;)