funsec mailing list archives

Bank robber tries to make getaway in cab

From: <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:43:25 -0500

My office window looks out at this bank that was robbed today.  Not exactly
the smartest robber.  I missed all the excitement because I was a lunch.

Richard

Bank robber tries to make getaway in cab

February 19, 2008 01:12 PM

By Globe Staff

Boston police are hunting for a bandit with red dye on his hands who they
say robbed a bank this afternoon on School Street. The alleged robber tried
to make his getaway in a cab after the heist, but the dye pack exploded and
he was forced to run away on foot.

The robbery came as the city is grappling
<http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/02/17/no_banking_on_it/>
with a surge in bank holdups, with 30 in the Boston area in January and
another six in surrounding communities. On a single day, Jan. 22, four local
banks were robbed.

The suspect in today's robbery is described as a man in his early 50s. He
walked into the First Federal Savings Bank at 12:23 p.m., demanded money,
and said he had a gun, police said.

The teller gave the man a bag of money rigged to a red dye pack, which
exploded in a cab on Spring Lane. The robber jumped out of the cab and ran
down the street, police said.

Authorities are combing downtown for the suspect. No one was injured in the
robbery.