funsec mailing list archives

Re: Protesters on UK Parliament

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:31:27 -0500

Right, the colder it is, the less water vapor the air can hold and hence
less snow.  Colder temperatures however will tend to make already fallen
snow stay around longer.  Hence snow pack numbers and ice thickness numbers
become interesting.

Precipitation amounts vary a lot based also on if the prevailing winds bring
in dry air vs. wet air.  Just ask the folks in Georgia.......

Richard