funsec mailing list archives

Re: RFID credit cards cracked (yet again ...)

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:35:17 -0500

Related papers can be found here:

http://www.rfid-cusp.org/workshop/2008/post_workshop.html

RFID SECURITY WORKSHOP: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE

January 23 & 24, 2008
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD

This small, informal workshop aims to give voice to the security needs of
intensive deployers of RFID in the pharmaceutical, medical, transportation,
consumer-payment, and retail industries. By representing a broad
cross-section of the RFID community, the workshop will look to shape the
research programs of technologists in the service of pressing, real-world
problems and to connect industrial RFID users with the scientists crafting
next-generation RFID systems. The workshop will include two days of invited
talks, panel discussions, and breakout sessions. The workshop will be off
the record for media attendees.

The workshop has been planned in conjunction with Vrije Universiteit
Amsterdam. A European companion workshop will take place Spring 2008 at the
Lorentz Center, Leiden, the Netherlands.

Richard