funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] FW: What Is "Structuring" and How Do Banks Detect It?

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:35:56 -0400

I used trick #1 to pay my daughter's college tuition via a debit card.  My
bank limits me to $1,000 maximum for  an single online transaction.  So I
end having to do multiple transactions to get her tuition paid.  The total
payments are under $10,000, so I don't think I'm raising any red flags.
However the payments are going to Canada which might make a difference.

Richard