funsec mailing list archives

Re: Wife convicted after husband fatally shoots lover

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 14:37:00 -0700

Alex Eckelberry wrote:
Not quite sure I understand.  Picture the following scenario:

You come home and see your wife getting "raped" in a pickup truck.

You shoot the "rapist" to save your wife.

And then you go to prison?

Well, he went to trial and wasn't convicted. The wife is the one going
to prison now, for lying and causing a death. Seems like everything
worked out about how I would like. I could stand to see the husband
spend a little less time arrested, in jail, awaiting trial as I'm sure
he must have been.

Even the gun ownership advocates will tell you that you should
realistically expect to be arrested if you shoot someone in
self-defense. Even if it's the proverbial armed robber climbing in the
kid's bedroom window.

                                        BB