funsec mailing list archives

"Ballad of the TCP Reset Packet"

From: Predrag Ivanovic <predivan () nadlanu com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:01:36 +0200

From ArsTechnica

"Ballad of the TCP Reset Packet"
By Nate Anderson

I'm not an ordinary packet flowing through the tubes
I need to scrub them out to keep the neighborhood's connection lubed
I'm here to make you see a cable company morality
Obfuscation is alright but not uploads that take all night

I'm not an ordinary packet but you wouldn't know it from my face
With my false mustache in place, I'm here to interrupt the pace
Of Kill Bill volumes one and two, don't download them, they're bad for you
Your fair share is not defined but I'll enforce it if you don't mind
[...]
Full lyrics, mp3 and video at:
http://arstechnica.com/staff/nate.ars/2008/05/16/free-ars-friday-song-ballad-of-the-tcp-reset-packet

Pedja
--
 "The moral of the story is that with a contrived example, you
  can prove anything.Oops. No, that's not what I meant to say."