funsec mailing list archives

Re: XP SP3 Installs Older, Vulnerable Version of Flash Player

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:57:35 -0400

Microsoft's writeup in their advisory is vague about what versions are
involved. I installed the update on an SP3 system running Flash 8.0.24.0
and got an error back that the update was not a proper version for the
Flash I was running, or something like that.

I went to the Flash site and installed the current (9.0.124.0) version.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com