funsec mailing list archives

Re: Calling all image detectives

From: "Young, Keith" <Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:04:35 -0400

Is this a legit scan of Obama's birth certificate or a fake?
http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg
<http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg>

My only immediate thought was that it looks way too nice.  My birth
certificate looks like crap.  And I'm younger than Obama.

That is because it isn't the original. Look at the bottom-left corner -- that birth certificate form was revised in
11/2001.

If you really want to know if it is legit or not, spend the $5.00 and get a letter of verification directly from the
source:
http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/vital_records.html

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official