funsec mailing list archives

Re: Eivl Internet, this time Craigslist

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:08:17 +1200

security curmudgeon to Richard M. Smith:

: As one point of comparison, Craigslist apparently bans pet-for-sale ads.
: I was talking to a poodle breeder today and her puppy ads kept getting
: censored by Craigslist.  She finally gave up using Craigslist.

Craigslist does not allow breeders to advertise and sell their animals.
They do allow private "rehoming" for people who are giving up their own
pets (for whatever reason).

I'm not really sure what that has to do with underage children selling
sexual services via the service...

Ummmm -- I thought it was a rather obvious question/comparison of the
relative moral judgements implicit in Craigslist not allowing "animal for
sale" ads whist allowing "child sex for sale" ads...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald