funsec mailing list archives

Re: tsa abuse?

From: "Don Blumenthal" <dmblumenthal () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:31:44 -0400

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xcCmmaCqZhg&feature=user

This is quite disturbing -- a passenger gets upset about having to give up
her contact lens cleaner to the TSA (which is an idiotic rule).  >This
results in her being tackled to the ground.

I hope she wins her lawsuit -- it appears to me (at least) that
the TSA personnel were wholly unjustified in their actions.

Great timing, Alex -- I'm headed for the airport shortly, too. ;-)

Without audio, and a video that starts a little sooner and is a little
closer up,  I can't judge whether TSA was justified. My instinct
is that the "victim" is taking a "the best defense is a good offense"
approach to getting out from under her own screwup.
Regardless of whether the contact lens solution should be allowed, it
isn't. She knew it, decided she could scam her
way through, and somehow was shocked when she was flagged.

Have a good flight, Paul.

Don

--
Don M. Blumenthal