funsec mailing list archives

Re: Is Segway about to step in dog poop?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:15:42 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:46:45 -0400
From:                   "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17912_3-9983589-72.html?tag=nefd.top

In skilled hands, a Segway could be kept still enough to offer a
stable position from which to shoot.

OK, since the Segway responds to shifts of balance with movement, we can
envision:

1) soldier on Segway standing upright to take aim (this might be a bit unnerving if
someone is shooting at the soldier, but I suppose it would be OK for shooting
civilians),

2) soldier firing, gun recoil rocks soldier back slightly,

3) soldier rapidly (if unintentionally) retreating as Segway tries to regain balance ...

(I seem to recall cartoons following this kind of pattern ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then
success is sure.                                        - Mark Twain
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm