funsec mailing list archives

Re: funsec Digest, Vol 36, Issue 49

From: "Big R" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:29:41 -0500

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 04:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Subject: Re: [funsec] anys ocial scientists here?
To: funsec () linuxbox org

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
Research: judge how smart someone is by how many of their
friends send  them the facebook virus

I used to be hugely interested in ocial science, and even started a Ocialogy
Club in college.  We had really neat mugs and T-Shirts (Ocial Scientists
make Better Lovers!"), organized action committees, held symposiums on all
the top ocial issues - even got a minor segment in the local TV news show.

But I gave up on it after the first year.  It was tiring being the only
person at all the events and having to do both sides of the rallying cheers.
 People were starting to say mean things and would cross the street to avoid
passing me on the sidewalk, and my Dad would always say: "See?!  I said he
was a weird kid, and a weird kid he sure as hell is!  Not my damn side of
the family, that's for sure..." and passing out in the fruit salad.

-chris